Deadly Electric Shock Kills 19 year Old Woman.

Deadly Electric Shock Kills 19 year Old Woman.

- in Reviews
578
0
The deceased Jane Agaba stiff after she was electrocuted to death.The deceased Jane Agaba stiff after she was electrocuted to death.

 

The deceased Jane Agaba stiff after she was electrocuted to death.
The deceased Jane Agaba stiff after she was electrocuted to death.

Residents in Kitala Zone in Katabi Town Council are coming to terms with the abrupt death of one of their fellow residents identified as Jane Agaba aged 19 years who was reportedly electrocuted on Monday afternoon. The deceased was electrocuted while she tried to plug in into the socket and charge a radio. The deceased died on spot while she was using the radio aerial to plug in into the socket and to make matters worse she wasn’t wearing anything in her feet like sandals or slippers to insulate her from the electric shock.

Winnie Owomugisha, a sister to the deceased revealed that she left home at 1pm and the deceased was alone in the house when she was electrocuted to death. Winnie revealed that she left the deceased listening to the radio and when she returned at around 3:30pm she found her lying on the floor motionless. She touched her and only to discover that she was dead and the aerial was releasing smoke.

Jane Agaba's body lies in her room where she was electrocuted to death.
Jane Agaba’s body lies in her room where she was electrocuted to death.

Winnie Owomugisha revealed that she bought the radio a few weeks ago but it has been faulty and that at one time she survived being electrocuted. At the time of her death the deceased was learning how to knit sweaters at a vocational institute in Lweza along Entebbe Road.

The Mpala OC Station Joseph Sekitoleko urged the locals to be very cautious when using electricity and always wear slippers or sandals to insulate them from electrical shocks. He said that a postmortem will be carried out on the body of the deceased in Mulago Hospital.

 

Jane Agaba's sister Winnie Owomugisha looking puzzled.
Jane Agaba’s sister Winnie Owomugisha looking puzzled.

Meanwhile the Kitala LCI Chairman Lamech Kasujja said that the faulty radio caused the electric shock. He warned the residents to desist from buying fake electrical appliances that have flooded the Ugandan market adding that fake appliances are dangerous and can cause death. The deceased will be laid to rest in Bushenyi District.

 

 

 

 

Mpala OC Station Joseph Sekitoleko and Kitala LCI Chairman Lamech Kasujja (middle) at the scene.
Mpala OC Station Joseph Sekitoleko and Kitala LCI Chairman Lamech Kasujja (middle) at the scene.
The rented apartment in Kitala Zone where Jane Agaba was electrocuted from on Monday.
The rented apartment in Kitala Zone where Jane Agaba was electrocuted from on Monday.
The radio that ended Jane Agaba's life.
The radio that ended Jane Agaba’s life.

 

Leave a Reply

You may also like

SFC Donates Cow, Food Stuffs To Muslims In Entebbe.

  The elite Special Forces Command (SFC) spiced